Ingredience (serves 4)
200g vermicelli noodles
1 tbsp mild curry powder
200ml coconut milk
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp sesame oil
100g red curry paste
2 1/2 tbsp low salt soya sauce
1 onion, sliced
1 pepper, sliced (1/2 green & 1/2 orange)
1 Lemon grass
2 kaffir leaf
Handful coriander leaves
dash of dark soy sauce
dash of fish sauce
1 spring onion
2 bay leaves
1. In a separate pot, make a vegetable broth (composed of 1 leek, 1 carrot, coriander to taste, sesame to taste, 2 tomatoes, 1 spring onion, 2 bay leaves)
To intensify the flavour, incorporate a splash of dark soy sauce fish sauce, salt and pepper.
2 Stir-fry peppers/onion in the wok.
3. Add diced chicken (previously marinated in curry powder) and stir-fry for 8 minutes.
4. Add the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add coconut milk, red curry paste, lemon grass, kaffir leaf to the stir-fry.
6. Mix in the turmeric.
7. Finally add the broth and let it cook for 5 minutes.
8. Cook the noodles 2-5min (it depends on the size of the noodles) with coconut milk to make it creamy. Strain through a sieve.
9. To serve, place the noodles in a deep dish or bowl and pour over the chicken, shrimps sauce.
10. Decorate the dish with coriander and lime.
11. Get ready to enjoy the Asian flavours.
With thanks to Sebastiàn Deseta
Executive Chef, Chi Kee Wun